Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act:
We do not intentionally gather Personal Information from visitors who are under the age of 13.
Types of data we collect:
We collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.” Non- Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information we may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. “Personal Information” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, email address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
Information you provide to us:
- We may collect Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, email and mailing address, phone and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- When you subscribe to the Services on our Site our payment processor will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and direct deposit information.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional information that you knowingly provide.
- When you post messages on the Services or on a Social Media Site (“SMS”) where we have a page or presence (collectively “SMS Pages”), the information contained in your posting may be republished on our Site and other users may be able to see them.
Information collected via technology:
- In an effort to improve the quality of the Service, we track information provided to us by your browser or by our software application when you view or use the Service, such as the website you came from (known as the “referring URL”), the type of browser you use, the device from which you connected to the Service, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. We track this information using cookies, or small text files which include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to a user’s browser from our servers and are stored on the user’s computer hard drive. Sending a cookie to a user’s browser enables us to collect Non- Personal information about that user and keep a record of the user’s preferences when utilizing our services, both on an individual and aggregate basis.
Use of your personal information:
In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Services;
- send you a welcome email to verify ownership of the email address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative email notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes including those of third parties; and
- perform marketing or data analysis.
Use of non-personal information:
If our information practices change at any time in the future, we will post the policy changes to the Site so that you may opt out of the new information practices. We suggest that you check the Site periodically if you are concerned about how your information is used.
Disclosure of your personal information:
Links to third party websites:
Your rights regarding the use of your personal information;
You have the right at any time to prevent us from contacting you for marketing purposes. When we send a promotional communication to a user, the user can opt out of further promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in each promotional email.
Visitors’ GDPR Rights:
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). Those rights include the following: • We will retain any information you choose to provide to us until one of the following happens: (a) you ask us to delete the information, (b) we decide to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) we decide that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it. • You have the right to request access to your data that we store and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data. • You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data. • You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data. • To the extent that you provided consent to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent. • You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the GDPR. • We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
Cookies and 3rd Party Advertisers:
I publish interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, AdThrive, Google and my other advertising partners will track your behaviour on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. If you wish to access or delete your personal data (if any) maintained by us or AdThrive related to advertising on the Site, you can contact me at email@example.com and contact AdThrive at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to see a list of the advertising partners I work with or change which of those partners track your behavior using cookies, click the ad preferences link at the bottom of the site. (Available in the EU.)
For California Residents
California law gives residents the right to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information to third parties, including for advertising purposes. Under California law, the sharing of your information with a service provider for advertising purposes could be considered a “sale.” To opt out of the sharing of your information for advertising information, click the opt out link provided in the footer of this page. You also have the right to request from us the categories of personal information that I have shared and the categories of third parties to whom the information was provided. To make such a request, please contact me at email@example.com. To be clear I do not share your name, contact information, or any other sensitive information with third parties, and the categories of third parties that I share information with for advertising purposes are supply side platforms, programmatic advertising exchanges, and demand side platforms.
How do I use the information that you provide to me?
I may use your information in the following ways:
- to ensure that my Service is delivered in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from me or which I feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me;
- to provide customer service to you in relation to your use of the Service, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of the Service and to notify you about any changes to my service;
- to administer, support, improve, optimise and develop our Service; to produce reports which may be used, sold or published by me at my sole discretion provided that any data or reports will be anonymised and not refer to any individual user of the Services;
- for internal marketing and demographic studies to improve the products and services that I provide; and for security purposes.
You may opt out from receiving such marketing communications from me at any time by notifying me in writing, contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org , or, alternatively, by following the procedure to ‘unsubscribe’ that is specified in the email that you receive.
Disclosure of your information:
You should note that information posted on the public elements of the Service may be visible by users of the Service throughout the world. You should therefore be careful when submitting information about yourself to the Service.
I may disclose your personal information to Facebook Inc in order to fulfill the Services. You can review Facebook’s Terms of Service here.
Fiber & Fox is also a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
How do we protect your information?
Appropriate security measures will be adopted to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. However, you acknowledge that data transmission over the internet is inherently unsecure and that I cannot guarantee the security of data you send over the internet.
Your information will only be held for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
Accessing your information:
I reserve the right to ask you for proof of your identity and to charge you a fee of twenty US dollars ($20) to meet my costs in granting any data access request you make.
Advertisers & Sponsors disclosures:
Fiber & Fox is open to forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, and other forms of compensation and/or projects. Despite this, Bella/Fiber & Fox will never recommend and write about products or brands that I don’t personally use or believe in. I will always disclose whether I am receiving any commissions or products for free, or if a project was sponsored or not.
I am not responsible for the actions of our advertisers or sponsors. If you purchase a product or service based upon a link from my website, you must take action with that company to resolve any issues and NOT with my website. Any product, claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
Certain links on the website are affiliate or referral links. At no additional cost to you, we will earn a small percentage of the sale if you make a purchase through our affiliate link.
Your acceptance of these terms:
By using fiberandfox.com, you signify your acceptance of this policy.
If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use Fiber & Fox.
Your continued use of Fiber & Fox following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.